PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2014, 22:13
Neile1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diversions

This whole conversation confuses me somewhat. Let's go back an eon and cut to the chase, Southend used to attract B Cal 1-11's and Britannia 737's not to mention McAlpine 125's by the shed load and Fordair, Gulf 1's and 1-11's (so thats LTN, LGW,STN ) Even remember a BA 737 (though it was a Transavia one on lease so the jockey may have known SEN for some reason). That apart, the powers that be just are not pushing what is to offer, I don't live in Southend any more, but my family told me about the number of LCY traffic just orbiting overhead last week. The simple question is, if they didn't go somewhere else, why did they not just drop out of the hold into SEN? I won't ask about possible management limitations as if this is the case then, hey ho.... I want to be positive but.......... And the pilots know the airport is there so what is stopping them (and in a previous life I would have recommended be they civilian or military,to point an aircraft to a strip of visible runway if weather conditions dictated it). The airfield has never been so capable of accepting diversionary traffic and to lose it is just unacceptable. If I offend anyone with this post I apologise but it's just wrong.

Last edited by Neile1; 3rd Nov 2014 at 23:08.