PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This is for YOUR benefit
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2014, 11:32
Outatowner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WGU, I may not have made myself clear. It's not one word instead of another which irritates, it's the company insistence on adherence to SOPs while allowing a regular divergence from them in practice. Do we need to do everything to the letter or not? Why chip people in ALCs but no one takes any notice when on the line? Anyone who holds up the standard is "uptight", etc. You've quoted the OM-A but who decides which SOP in the FCOM or OM-A is okay to ignore or do incorrectly and which isn't?

On that topic, it says in your quote "Consider". My beef is, as I said, that in broad daylight when lights are not blinding and when no one else is around anyway, guys switch them off for no particular reason because they seem to think this is the SOP. If its done for a reason, then fine, but sometimes I ask (nicely) and there is no reason. This is not something that keeps me up at night, just an example.

"Live and let live" - does that mean we can ignore ANY of the SOPs? if so, please let the checkers know so they back off!