PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2014, 05:45
Kapitanleutnant

Airplane Driver….

Those numbers are on par with what Rishworth offers as well…. no pay initially, partial pay and then when finished with training, full pay EXCEPT… for the first 3 or so months, they take about a quarter of your salary for a "security bond", which is returned upon completion of your contract.

What my concern is…. is that once the 330's and 777's go away, how much will the "pay for training" be to transfer to the new 350's and 787's. I've heard one say an astronomical figure of about 40-50K (USD) for it. I find this quite over the top as, for example, the difference between the 777 and 787 is merely about a 5 day differences course and maybe 1 sim (at least this is the way my old airline is doing it)…. and it's nowhere near a full course, so how can it be so expensive at VNA for this? Will it be pay upfront… will it be a bank loan, will it be a bond??? In addition, as I understand the EASA or JAA of Europe has these two (777/787) as common type ratings!!!! Someone is making a LOT of money from this.

Kap

Last edited by Kapitanleutnant; 3rd Nov 2014 at 08:50.