PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Short Haul EBA 2014
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2014, 01:28
hotnhigh

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Where is the future?
To think this debacle of a negotiation has been going on for more than two years. Good faith bullS#$t!

Within a month or so, after the 737 retro arrives, (ironic.) Qantas will be in the enviable position of having no aircraft orders in the pipeline. Zero.
I'm not sure when the last time this occurred but I'd imagine it was a very very long time ago.
I'd also imagine nearly all qantas pilots have realised that the company simply doesn't give a about any standards, career path nor reasonable expectations of the pilot body. To look at the issue without the emotion is difficult but sadly that is what it's become.
No one should be under any illusion that a solution is around the corner. Joyce and Clifford are on the warpath to reduce costs, at any cost. The main one being your career, or more importantly your terms and conditions. Their bonuses and the 33 million plus share rights are tied to it. See the annual report for confirmation.
Because of the pilots association with AIPA and what it represents to Clifford, even more reason to be fearful of the future.
Arriving in brisbane the other night to see five 717s parked on the ground, you simply conclude that this eba could well be the last one for qantas mainline pilots.
And it has nothing to do with pay rises, super contributions, virgin comparisons etc etc. Because as it stands, there is nothing to hang your hat onto beyond the four years.
Finally, Joyce, Clifford and the executive management lost the trust of their word and the value of respect with the pilot body years ago. As a result any attempt to suggest to trust them with the future and your own career is a laughable suggestion.