PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bond (Air Ambulance) pilot roster
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2014, 00:21
SextanteUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I won it, and right now I'm living in Las Vegas. Lots of helicopters over me in a daily basis lol.

I've been working in solar plants, saving money to "convert" my EASA, but since this one is expired, I just need some flight training (25h or so) to prepare PPL/CPL/IR/ME checkrides. I do have all the hours required, I just need to learn a few different maneuvers and re-gain some skills, that's it. BUT that's talking about airplanes. I just don't want to fly airplanes anymore, at least not with the T&C you see now in the airlines. Having to pay for TR, "flexi" contracts for "X" years, then what.....no thanks. And I've been living in many different places during the last 7 years, and I know I want to live right there, in Edinburgh. So if I wanted to fly airplanes, I'd have to commute, or I'd have to try to join Easyjet no matter what, and then pray every day to get Edinburgh base after who knows how many years...

My pilot friends tell me to stay here in the US, many opportunities, that's true, but my parents are 9.000km away, and they are getting old, and it's not a nice feeling. I want to create a family, european values and being close to them is important to me.

Helicopters. I freaking love them, what can I say. And HEMS operation looks awesome to me, and SAR even more amazing. That's why I'm gonna get my licence while I keep working in boring solar plants, and hopefully as a truck driver in a few weeks.

I know about the MIL contract Bristow Academy has and their necessity for bi-lingual CFI's. Is there any other school needing bi-lingual people?.
Since they're not cheap at all, I was planning on getting CPL/IR here in Vegas, and then CFI/EASA CPL there in Bristow.