PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2014, 21:03
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems jolly expensive to me. I had a very preliminary look into buying a G2 as a private owner. Financially, the R22 wins hands down, despite the claims of cheap engineering costs. You can own an R22 for 24 years and still not pay the purchase cost of a G2.
You can buy a Dacia (Roumanian) a lot cheaper than a Skoda(former Czechoslovakia) They both have 4 wheels, seats and doors....there the similarity ends.
The Robinson product appears to be a fantastic way to fly Rotary, for those who really can't /won't afford it with a conventional, more robust machine...Me, if I were at that end of the market, I'd be happier in an Autogiro,with a 2-blade teetering head.. The Robinson is/was a far superior machine to the Rotorway-which, again, made the unaffordable accessible.
The Guimbal has had a very successful introduction to the market-place. I, like a lot of others, was very sceptical, especially given the attitude to guarantee.
Those fears appear to be unfounded. The machine is robust, well engineered, has a "grown up" 3-blade main Rotor, and owners are not continually getting fearsome bills for delaminated blades, bladder-tanks, severe corrosion in tailboom joints etc.

Did you really study the total Cost of Ownership, or was the Robbo salesmanthat good?