PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bond (Air Ambulance) pilot roster
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2014, 17:39
Modtro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From some of your previous posts I understand you won the green card lottery a few years back, congratulations on that one. If it's your true dream keep pursuing it but keep reality in sight...

I stand to be corrected, but as I see it you have the incredible opportunity to make it happen as long as you stay in the US and are able to gain the required experience. I don't know where you stand now and what you want to do, if instructing there are a few busy schools in the US desperate for spanish speaking CFIs (where you could eventually gain turbine time, night and NVG), do some tours or get into HEMS flying.

Ditto to what Tango said, most of the minimum requirements are pro forma and nothing more. I am on a jobhunt myself with 1600 hrs total and also some longline time, but for now it's like banging my head to a wall because I'm not willing and able to pay for a 412 or AW139 type rating...

To be honest, I would hold onto the green card and go to Edinburgh as a tourist, but that is just me.

Modtro.