PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot over drink/drive limit removed from aircraft
Old 2nd Nov 2014, 05:42
320goat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely sharksandwich, I'm with you.

Although I would personally like to point out who I would prefer in the flight deck rather than a newbie.

Tui captain: 1/3 of a bottle of wine
TCX captain: 1/3 of a bottle of wine
EZY captain: 1/4 of a bottle of wine
FR captain: 1/5 of a bottle of wine

But I agree for me a BA captain is at the top of that table (I think I could possibly have him as high as 3/4 of a bottle but that would depend on type and experience).

All joking aside you asked a very reasonable question earlier. Although drinking seems not to have been labelled as a sole cause for many (if any) commercial aircraft accidents there is no doubt that drinking will slow your response time and possibly affect your judgement, not unlike fatigue which is equated to alcohol levels on occasion and has been attributed as the cause of or partially to blame for many accidents.

I would say drinking is obviously a big no no and gives you another hole in your Swiss cheese. Out here we have random drug and alcohol tests at report and down route. I have been breathalysed 3 times this year. A great way to ensure you abstain for a suitable period before work!

Last edited by 320goat; 2nd Nov 2014 at 05:54.