PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Short Haul EBA 2014
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2014, 00:49
Troo believer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
What's ironic is that Qantas whinges about the Short Haul hourly rate being too expensive. The irony being that this original agreement was the result of Oldmeadow's shotgun marriage of the Australian and Ansett awards after the dispute. This award is basically very similar to what both Australian Airlines and Ansett operated under for many years. The hourly rate is higher than that of Virgin because the min guarantee is significantly lower. We have more skin in the game. If a service goes U/S or cancelled or you can't make a connection with aircraft change then Wham you lost the flying and therefore the pay. There is more risk borne by the pilots on this award with the ability to earn or loose more dough without it costing the company. Under CAO48 E we need fewer crew than Virgin but it's up to the company to roster efficiently. This they have failed miserably at for many years. If Joyce and Borghetti want to have a dick swinging competition that's not my problem so don't expect a pay freeze. If Joyce wants to piss money away in Asia feel free but it's not my problem. If the board wants to wedge awards and use contract labour ie Jetconnect Cobham and god knows who else, it is a real problem and you will get no sympathy from me on your self proclaimed pay freeze. Good faith bargaining works both ways.