PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planned Media Release re CASA Misinformation
Old 1st Nov 2014, 23:55
CaptainMidnight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You mean to say that you don't provide input to your representative association on airspace and other matters? If you have a view or an opinion, then may I suggest that you are the fool!

Like any representative body, they are only as good as the people on them that spend their time trying to make things better for all of us. The industry reps on the RAPACs come from every sector of the industry, from airlines to U/L's and probably know a lot more than you think. You are bound to have a rep somewhere if you bother to ask about.
triadic You completely missed it - my comment about RAPAC reps was tongue in cheek - Dick was having a shot at them.

It became the stuff up which it now is because people at RAPACs
and
Captain. You are correct. The RAPAC members by in large resisted change and were not interested how the NAS was supposed to work
I totally agree with what you say about RAPACs and have said on many posts on this forum if you want your point made - talk to your industry rep.

The thing with any proposed change is you must first get industry on side i.e. supportive of the change, understand why it is necessary, the benefits to be gained and address their issues and concerns. Without industry on board you're pushing it uphill.

FWIW that NOTAM expired 2 months ago. The content has been in AIP since then.