PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planned Media Release re CASA Misinformation
Old 1st Nov 2014, 03:30
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes - change fatigue and abysmal levels of industry education results in vastly different understandings and practices.

I'm still fascinated to know where all these movements at all these 'private strips' that aren't depicted on charts are occurring. No one has actually nominated one yet. (Jamestown is cut off the top of the paper VNC, but that will be fixed.)

I'm also fascinated to understand why people don't implement the 'no brainer' solution to Dick's problem: get the strips depicted on the charts.

"Lots of aircraft operate in and out of that airstrip." "Really? Have you considered getting it marked on the charts?" "No way: If we did that, the chart would be accurate and VHF carrying aircraft operating in and out of here wouldn't be required to broadcast on area ..."

The current list of manuscript amendments (AIP SUP H69/14) adds over a dozen strips to the WACs. AIC 11/14 adds them to the other charts. Somebody seems to have worked out how to make this happen.

(PS: My very strong suggestion, based on first-hand experience, is that pilots of aircraft with VHF should monitor area frequency and, if they suffer an emergency, broadcast a MAYDAY on the area frequency. That broadcast will almost certainly result in an immediate response by professional responders. Broadcasting a MAYDAY on 126.7 will almost certainly result in a bunch of other pilots earnestly hoping that it all ends up OK, but may not result in an immediate response by professional responders.)

Last edited by Creampuff; 1st Nov 2014 at 05:03.