PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2014, 22:48
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A notice was already posted stating that Base Chief Captains/Line Trainers/Line Checkers would be given "permanent contracts" when NAI is established in LGW . . . and sometime thereafter in Spain /HEL ( CPH/ARN ? ) . . . . . & the rest of us, the "great unwashed", are we not worthy of permanent contracts ?

Anyone familiar with the machinations of another well known low cost carrier, will be familiar with the concept of "divide & conquer". A crying shame that the management of NAS/NAN/NAI/NAR (whatever) isn't familiar with the advert "don't imitate, innovate".

The business model of the "dark side" has already had to soften up (a little)due to revolts by pax & customers alike, what , Oh what, is this poor imitation of MOL doing trying to p1ss off what was amongst the most motivated staff in the "loco" world, whilst at the same time alienating his very "conservative" Norwegian customers, who are always asking the staff onboard what, exactly, their Boss is doing, as they constantly seem to be reading about staff disputes . . . . . if it ain't broke, break it . . . Er no Bjorn, that isn't quite it. . . . . well, my location to the left of this post has been FUBAR for a long time, maybe I should ask "Location" to be changed to "Employer". . . . train crash in slow motion, for staff, but quite possibly for the company as well if they don't waken up.

I don't doubt that all this expansion + the bottomless pit that is the long haul operation, is not resulting in some pressure to cut costs, but, in the meantime, is it really essential to destroy the morale of your staff ?

Since I joined in Mar2012, there have been bi-annual disputes/contract changes, and, lest we extend this thread several pages, lets not get involved in the treatment of all of the Cabin Crew, or the terms they "enjoy" at the non- Scandi bases.

I cannot even watch the self congratulatory videos posted on the company website like "this is the Norwegian way" . . . it is merely a sickeningly cynical attempt to trade on a very sincere "ambience" that has been systematically dismantled this last 3 years.

Sad, in the short term for us, and, I would anticipate, for them too in the long term.