PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Medical Cert Issues
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2014, 12:04
I_Con

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For everyone that followed this thread (and more for those who might find themselves in the same predicament and search this thread in the future) I thought I'd provide an update.

I eventually got my CDT (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin) test results back (be warned this test is a slow process so if your asked for this test apply for a medical extension asap). The results were quite low (i.e I don't drink much). And as has been already said my full bloods were all in the normal range, and some of the numbers of my liver function test were slightly elevated (i.e around 10-20% elevated) which my regular GP has put down to a slightly fatty liver which will probably correct itself now that I'm off the cigarettes but has ordered some more test just to be sure (which I think is a bit of a waste of resources to be honest but my wife insists).

I didn't bother retaking the tests after 3 weeks of abstinence (which was bloody hard for a problem drinker by the way ) as the results were favorable.

So today after a bit of confusion and a lot of waiting I finally got my unrestricted class 2 medical. The confusion was I thought my DAME sent through all the results to CASA when she only sent the CDT results, I did not know this until I rang CASA, I just sent them through myself (I'll get to that).

Before I go any further I just want to state that during every dealing I had with CASA through all this I was honest and open and did not try to hide anything (and if you are reading this AVMED you got my true results), which brings me to a couple of points I wanted to make.

My full bloods

Anyone notice anything with my Haemoglobin? That took about 5 mins in photoshop (and again if your reading this CASA, you got my true results, check with my DAME) and it was me responsible for forwarding this to AVMED. (Maybe they check with the lab though, however...)

Secondly, when getting these bloods taken at the medical centre , not once was I asked for any ID other than my medicare card, so I could have sent anyone in my place to get these bloods taken.

The system is fatally flawed, I really don't see the point of all this because if I actually was a problem drinker I could have cheated the system quite easily, kinda makes the system obsolete.

Now I did say this update was for future searches, and if someone else does find themselves in the same predicament I am in no way suggesting you should cheat the system.