PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2014, 11:38
Jenson Button

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tourist. You must believe everything then that the Daily Mail writes in its wonderful prose.

I find it ludicrous and my fellow aviators who have wracked up the mileage will agree with me; that VS is feeling utterly benevolent to brand new shiny just been born aviators and willing to give them 109k licence free of charge. However ctc and VS have thrashed out their deal, those guys and gals who get taken on will be paying for their licence in some shape or form. And it WILL cost more (to the cadet not VS) than recruiting a Non Typed guy or gal from the street.

Sure its nice to bring in youngsters into aviation. But whats the problem with taking on the people from the likes of Eastern, Flybe, Regional and others. The problem is the cost, the money and what the accountants are agreeing. It isn't about being nice and touchy feely with the bearded one.

The thread is diverting away from the theme a bit. But this just goes to show how pprune and the industry are swimming around in the basin with a lot of floating debris.