PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2014, 08:30
Three Lions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tourist

You make a good point, there is place in all airlines for a scheme that you outline.

But I suppose the big question is.... does every airlines scheme have to be run by the same FTO

Taking all things into consideration regarding the "advantages" of using company "a" and we have heard a whole host of reasons trotted out over the years as a suitable rationale, "one stop training" "structured training program" "better product than your average pilot" etc etc meanwhile back on the line the every day joes have seen with their own eyes these guys are split into the same proportions of skygod/average/numpty as those from other training routes

For me something doesnt stack up to why one company can secure such an incredible market share.

I have to say from my own standpoint Superpilot is on the money with the post above. The important points the restriction of opportunities for experienced pilots, the lowering of ts and cs for all by the flooding of the lower echelons of the recruitment pyramid with the product from company "a"

All that said, I also believe there is a place for cadets in every airline, albiet in the right percentage compared to other recruitment streams. It may be true that Virgin actually have this percentage correct, and the negativity on this thread is fuelled by the over use of company " a" elsewhere in the industry.

Maybe a company "a" thread would be better to allow this one to get back on track