PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QRA Shout Over Kent : Breaking News
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2014, 23:01
Courtney Mil

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Trim Stab
Sorry - I don't understand your point, but if I am interpreting your gobbledygook correctly, I think you may be assuming that the next aerial terrorist event will be an exact copy of the last.
OK, let me try to help and to remove the sensationalism and speculation surrounding a modern day QRA mission.

No one involved assumes anything very much about what the next terrorist event might be. Each tactical situation is watched and analysed very carefully as it evolves and the risks and threat constantly evaluated by those on the ground and in the air.

Your continual use of the word "you" in your recent post, I must assume means the UK Air Defence system. In that case "they" will make a decision based on their view of the situation and may well decide that the appropriate reaction to the threat is to engage and destroy the the aircraft in question.

Do not think for a moment that you are likely to dream up a generic scenario here that has not already been considered.

In this case the aircraft was not communicating with UK controllers. Your scenarios about what if they say this or that are clearly very different to this one.

Anyway, be sure of this. No matter what radio communication goes on, if the "system" perceives a clear and present danger, the folks in the aircraft won't talk their way to achieving their aims. There are appropriate, albeit complex, RoE in place and people that are trained to and willing to employ them.

Hope my gobbledygoock isn't to hard for you.

P.S. I love your mysteriously knowledgable "I won't go into further detail". Best you don't. You clearly have some seriously important inside information that those of us that have worked in the "system" we're never made aware of. But thanks for the hint anyway.