PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI REGIONAL-2
Thread: BMI REGIONAL-2
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2014, 20:53
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B_T

Taking into account next summer's additional rotations from BRS to FRA, MUC and ABZ, minus MXP if it has gone for good, there should be an extra seven rotations per week compared with summer 13.

It's hard to identify potential point to point high yielding routes from BRS in that TLS is operated daily by easyJet and NWI failed quite dismally on load factors (and presumably yield as it didn't last more than a season from memory) several years ago when Air Southwest gave it a go.

MXP might have been thought to be a prime candidate but despite load factors mostly as good as the other bmi regional routes out of BRS one assumes the airline wasn't satisfied with the return which makes any other suggestions even harder to contemplate.

As for feeders ZRH might be looked at if Helvetic doesn't come back I suppose, either as point to point or as a feeder if they can get that partner there. A link with SK to CPH? Sounds doubtful to me especially with easyJet taking most of the point to point traffic.

ORY might be a thought with easyJet seemingly deciding not to increase their CDG despite selling out regularly.

I'm not surprised that HAJ didn't cut the mustard, albeit Hannover is one of Bristol's twin cities, but I am surprised about MXP.