PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2014, 19:11
Enzo999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is truly heartbreaking news for the flying industry. I am devastated that Virgin have sunk so low.

It is massively insulting to suggest this has been bought about by a lack of quality in the market place, Virgin could open recruitment tomorrow and receive thousands of applications the vast majority of which will be highly trained skilled aviators. lets face it the vast majority of F/Os flying round in the UK and the ME have been trained by CTC or Oxford and would give their right ball for a shoot at Virgin.

I am sick to death of people justifying these schemes by suggesting the new CTC cadets are some how better than the old ones. This is a cost saving exercise and nothing else, people can say what they want but these cadets are taking jobs from experienced guys by under cutting them on wages. I wonder how the TUC would react if transport for London started doing the same on the Tube????

And I have not read the advert so correct me if I am wrong, but has Virgin actually said they will be funding the training? I would expect a cheque for 100 grand will be needed in order to apply?!

I have said it before and I will say it again, the market place is saturated with Pilots and anything that encourages more people in to this profession should be avoided at all costs otherwise we will all end paying the price!

I know this is all very selfish of me and yes I am only concerned with protecting my job and pay but please understand this profession is how I feed my family and put a roof over their heads, it's not a hobby or an aspiration, it is my career and I don't want to lose it. I am too old and invested to do anything else.