PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 30th Oct 2014, 18:16
propelah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Since the day I had the 1st answer from CAE about my application I started reading this forum and it has been very helpful. That's why I think the best way to thank those who wrote and helped me with their experiences is writting here my own point of view.

My assessment day was the 9th Oct in Dublin. I meet with the rest of candidates and interviewers did a short briefing. After that they made sim pairs and gave us jeppesen SID, approach plates and departure clearance. We had like.. 15min to talk with our sim partner and refresh procedures. We were 8 from all over Europe. Very nice guys, everybody was nervous but friendly at the same time. Me and my partner were the 1st to fly. Arp was Liverpool, the instructor told me to do a non-std departure, rwy heading till d3, left turn heading 180 climbing 4000' or something like that. Once there, he ask me if I was receiving a ndb which was in the vicinity. "What's your QDM?" "Intercept QDM090 and fly dct to the station". After that I had fire on the galley. Radar vectors were not available so I had to complete the entire NDB ILS 27. Once on the GS I was expecting a GA but I saw the Rwy and landed.
Then, my partner had the same but changing the SID, which was the Walasey 2T.
In my opinion, in this stage is important to show you can "fly" the acft, good CRM and teamwork and your decision making capacities. They also looked very happy when asking for C/Ls.

I met again with the guys and we talked a bit about the sim and about us mainly. In about 45 min I was called to do my personal intvw! I was very nervous.

I went into the room, there was the same instructor that was on the sim and another guy. They asked me all papers you have to bring and started asking personal questions. How are you? Did you find the beer hidden on the candidates room? Why did you decide to study there? Why Ryr?... Basic stuff, name 3 ryr bases.. After that they asked my "what's the most important thing on MCC" and how would I describe a good Capt. It was a very nice atmosphere, no tricks, no pressure. Then, they said I was free to go. I had a very strange feeling as I was expecting typichal technical questions but I wasnt ask anything!

I met again with the other candidates and talked about it. Some of them were asked jetstream, engines on 737, what's v2, t/o segments... anything new.

After 7 days 1 candidate received a negative answer. Next week the rest received a positive answered via email. We were 5/8 in from my assessment day.

Now, I have my TR at CAE scheduled for the 2nd of March. We are all preparing documentation and filling forms for CAE and the contractor agency.

Hope my lines help candidates as much as previous writers helped me. Feel free to PM in case of doubts not already explained.

Best luck to everyone!