PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planned Media Release re CASA Misinformation
Old 30th Oct 2014, 11:45
kaz3g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I don't see how Dick's "press release" will do anything to benefit GA
I don't think his press release will do anything at all but the intention behind it would theoretically add to the safety of RPT and most certainly decrease safety for just about everyone else.

RPT will apparently have the benefit of a less polluted communications environment and VFR will lose the "RIS" currently available to them as they wend their way across a landscape littered with busy, unmarked landing grounds and multitudes of parachutists.

But, you never know, some bright spark in the brave new Regulator's Citadel might decide it would be a good idea to have separate Area frequencies below 5000' so we can all call as we ascend into the presence of the blessed.

Apparently we did that at some time past but I'm too old to remember such things now.

Funny though, with all this concern to avoid broadcasting on ATC frequencies, we have all for years and years been required to broadcast (got it right this time, Dick) on the Area Frequency 135.7 as we aviate along the VFR coastal or inland routes around Melbourne where all those big and middling aeroplanes are coming down to the lower levels and it is REALLY busy.

For example, from the Visual Pilot Guide...

"Melbourne Coastal Route Traffic, ZFR Cessna 172, Altona South eastbound, 1500, Melbourne Coastal Route."

And woe betide the VFR pilot who isn't listening to Melbourne Radar as parachutists launch themselves above Point Ormond, right in the middle of that coastal route in close proximity to Moorabbin, Essendon and Avalon airspace, and numerous helicopter landing sites.

Kaz