PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heart attack and Naproxen
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2014, 09:42
BigEndBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because they gave me severe nightmares.
Initially i had to sit up in bed for an hour as i had the sensation that i had to think about breathing in and out, or i would die. Went to low dose Simvastin. First night felt i was flying in a low level jet, with a voice beckoning me to the pearly gates!

Prior to the heart attack for six months i had recurring back ache and leg problems.
Me being convinced it was a dvt in the right leg.
I have a tendancy to sleep on my right with left leg on the right leg.
Started with regular cramping of my right leg when in bed.
Then pulling my back about once a month. Which after seeing a chiropracter, became tedonitis in the right leg. With stiff calf muscle and sciatica through the right buttock.
Became very difficult to get in and out of car and Cessna 152. But standing and walking gave relief.

Last chiropracter visit with tendonitis, she tried to massage a small lump just below my calf, she gave it a name. To me it felt like dvt. The leg vein above was bulging out which i have never seen before.
Then saw the doctor and prescribed Naproxen.
Week later heart attack.
After leaving hospital all the leg and back problems went away.
Convinced the Herapin belly injections had cured the dvt. I felt like a spring chicken.
The day i entered hospital i told the doctor my leg history and could it be a dvt that had moved to the heart, he thought not. But i am convinced this is what happened.
Leg and heart fine since. Last exercise ecg showed no after effects and echocardiogram showed i had healthier heart than normally seen.
Just need to know what brought on the dvt, if it was the cause.
I only spend an 3-4 hours a day or so in light aircraft teaching, but this type of thing might be more significant for anyone sat for several hours.
Any leg cramping, get it investigated.
p.s.
Had sudden realisation a possible cause of dvt at the centre of my leg problem, occured around a spot i have injured when i have stepped back a few times against the sharp corner of my cooker door, when it has been opened and lowered. The tummy injections given in hospital possibly Heparin, cleared the leg problem.

Last edited by BigEndBob; 3rd Nov 2014 at 20:58.