PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Maritime Patrol Aircraft - An Urgent Requirement
Old 30th Oct 2014, 08:39
Just This Once...

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Thankfully Tuc, none if that is true for this programme. Although the involvement of Raytheon is a given as they have the contract to support the platform and provide the software updates to the mission systems. I'm not sure how you would get in a completely different team to go from software version x.y to version x.z. Ignoring the support contract, IPR and legal niceties where would you get a team from that could step in and write one specific update as part of a series of updates at a drop of a hat?

Incidentally, not one poster on this forum has suggested that this will satisfy our need for an MPA/MMA and this upgrade is not challenging that potential funding line. With so few assets we need to get the biggest bang for our buck that we can. I do not understand why so many are getting so worked up over this. I didn't see such vitriol with all the enhancements for overland work that have been fielded in the last couple of years.