PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Chief Executive
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2014, 04:17
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soteria

"can't be any worse than the screaming skull? (who is rumoured to be taking up the ICAO Secretary General role in July 2015)".

Na Soteria,

I heard a rumour he was up for a Knighthood for services to the Aviation Industry.

The "service" being, p.ssing off before the industry was completely rooted.

rjtjrt

"We should get over this RAAF thing".

Your probably right rj, but many of the older people here remember times past when CAsA's predecessor was a retirement home for the RAAF.

This became the foundation for the Authoritarian CAsA attitude of today and the growth of the notion that the industry is there to serve the interests of CAsA, rather than CAsA serve the interests of industry.

This attitude, and the lack of probity displayed by CAsA in recent times, along with its utter contempt for the industry has generated a complete breakdown of trust between regulated and regulator.

This is neither desirable nor safe.

It will take a person of great internal fortitude to breakup this toxic environment, both within CAsA itself and in its relations with the industry.

I dearly hope Mr Skidmore is that person.

I strongly argue that Aviation must be placed in a ministry of its own, with a responsible minister with some knowledge of aviation, and an industry advisery board that can counter the mystic of safety that CAsA promotes in its own self interest.

Members of the public who utilise aviation services, no matter at what level, have been badly let down by the regulator.

All sections of the industry must bear some responsibility for this, from RPT self interest and acquiescence to CAsA dictates to GA's apathy has all contributed to the frankenstein destroying us today.

Last edited by thorn bird; 30th Oct 2014 at 04:31.