PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA rule overseas copilot time worth zilch for Australian MCC course
Old 30th Oct 2014, 03:53
Mach E Avelli

Received 167 Likes on 105 Posts
Nev, while not wishing to defend CASA, in Ollie's case the blame must lie with Pommy CAA for not stating clearly 'ICAO Level 6'
Tit for tat, says I. Years ago I tried to convert my Aussie ATPL to the British equivalent. They would have none of it. Had to do all their poxy exams including the Morse code all over again. To add insult to outrage they would only put those type ratings that I had done in Fiji on the licence. This was because back then Fiji was still under the British Air Registration Board exam system for issue of ratings and I had proof of having sat ARB exams on a couple of types. They wouldn't even accept a pissy little Aztec because I had only flown nearly a thousand hours on it in Australia.
$129 is nothing compared with what UK CAA charges for every minor item associated with licensing.
Notwithstanding membership of ICAO, if the rights to convert qualifications are not truly reciprocal, I see no reason for one country accepting another's licence.

Last edited by Mach E Avelli; 30th Oct 2014 at 04:04.