PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2014, 20:35
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No judgement has been passed, as yet. However the meter is running and we are paying the freight. Running a bunch of people trained and willing to follow orders is a piece of cake. This (as suggested) messiah of the middle east has no 'real life' experience, absolutely none. He will need help and cooperation (lots of) if he is to succeed. As a 'leader of men' he should know the first rule is gain the respect and trust of those he commands. This is not a simple matter of drafting a few orders and standing back to watch the fun – there are careers, millions of dollars (peoples own dollars, not government dollars) invested, often against the mortgage and kids school fees. It matters.

This is real life aviation and with the best will in the world, without him knowing what's at stake and how the system really works – he had better get his skates on, do his homework and surround himself with 'sound' advice. Until I see different, to me it's just another talking head stuffed in the trough, a valid moving target. No one I know is in the mood for another McComic go around or any more plain and fancy pony pooh. He has accepted the job, the meter is running – now he has to knuckle down and get on with it. Industry works hard to pay the inflated salary and trimmings, takes all the legal and fiscal hits and IMO has every right, particularly after the last little episode to carefully and closely scrutinise every stitch in this mans knitting.

We shall see; but first we test, then we trust. I work for a living, lots to do before smoko, best crack on then.

Toot toot.

Last edited by Kharon; 29th Oct 2014 at 21:32. Reason: Bravo Creamy..