PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2014, 18:32
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A figure head, for the Captains bed?

The interest now is in who will be appointed to hold his jacket and do the heavy lifting. We must pray to our pagan gods of choice that no one 'internal' gets promoted. Skidmore (temptation resisted) will need a Paul Tyrell and a Mike Smith "type" to back him up; as he will have precious little knowledge of what makes an airline tick and sweet bugger all idea of how GA lives on the razors edge. He will have Fawcett – Semper Fidelis and all that. (Nice one Lefty, Choc frog standard....). Mark you, Cosgrove (as a military example) never cut the mustard on the Qantas board, rolled about in the clover with the rest of them. Anyway there is a meeting Friday, 'we' apparently need to convince the new boy that Part 61 is a crock and perhaps he'll throw it back down the cesspit it came from, where it belongs: we must do this for free after CASA spent gods know what producing a crippled beast, to harmonise with the Frankenstein choir.

We (IOS) will soon see if the new boy has any bollocks, brains, integrity and resolve. The first thing; as a gift to a badly mauled, disillusioned, cynical industry should be to put the brakes on this 800 page Part 61 aberration; scale it down to a NZ sensible size (with slight modifications) and have an indaba with industry, to see how best 'we' manage the monster. Mind you, if he can't work it out for himself what, I ask, is the point in hiring the blighter, at great expense to industry? But, my expertise is also valuable. To have me donate it to the DAS cause, he will need to earn my respect in the first instance and convince me; beyond a shadow of doubt, that his heart, mind and soul are dedicated to restoring the industry. Homework before examination is the go, not to rely on cribbing from other folks notes and hard work, that's cheating, dontcha know...

Then initiate every single Senate recommendation – without delay: then initiate every single recommendation the Rev. Forsyth made; fire the top three layers of management, have a no holds barred credit card audit, sort out the despicable MoU and start legal proceedings against those who 'disturbed' the TSI act and humiliated this industry by being involved in the Pel Air debacle – all of them.

Then, after morning tea; we can get down to real issues and clean out the vermin droppings gifted to him from the last residents of the Sleepy Hollow. The LSD needs to be seriously looked at, some of their 'stunts' beggar belief. Which should take us through to lunch. It's not hard; not with the all encompassing executive horsepower, as set up by Aleck (whispering death) to be above the law and all; – that will help steer it through. Save the new boy some time (hint) - get the 'white hats' working; all spoils go to Caesar.

Yup, six phone calls before lunch must be within the competence of the "new" DAS; else why was the 'position' (and the dough) gifted to him?: does his credit card get scrutinised by the "executive" manager of the 440 strong 'corporate' team, or just by the chief financial officer? No matter – all will be well when managing the 'rental agreement' for corporate (self owned) housing and first class seats on multiple flights. Big trough, no wukkers.

I shall pay attention, failure will be easily detected – temptation will not be resisted. The game is rolling, the new boy has entered the arena – it would be better if he hit the ground running (just saying). Probably better to have the Sleepy Hollow worm farm rewired, best do the pot plants as well – just in case.

Bonne chance – "Ave, Imperator, morituri (we, of the IOS) te salutant".

Selah...

Last edited by Kharon; 29th Oct 2014 at 19:04. Reason: Another Senate thread goes past the half Mil reads mark – well done all.