PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Wish I Hadn't Said That ...
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2014, 13:39
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We had a nutter in our induction that was hard as nails.

He said to one of the Cpls " I suppose your nickname is ginger bollocks then?"

Resulting in mirth from the other training NCO's and a small nuclear explosion.

Strange thing was he never really stopped coming out with stuff like that. He must have done 10's of thousands of press ups due to speaking the first thing that came into his head. We counted one day 500 press-ups.

He was an ultimate professional with field craft and mil skills.

It actually became a point with the head sheds because he used to cheer their day up no end. So the NCO's trying to keep him away from them and them wanting to see him for the S and Giggles of what he would come out with next.

Everyone knew he wasn't meaning to be disrespectful he just managed it in usually a hilarious manner.

He even told the training Major he had missed a bit on his bald patch while camming up. Completely straight face and completely confused why some people were pissing themselves laughing and others appeared to want his blood. The Major just said "thank you young man for spotting that and giving me something for my speech at my daughters wedding at the weekend"

It surprised us all how someone could be so technically intelligent in regards to mil skills and tactics but so utterly clueless with what came out his mouth as comments.