PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2014, 13:10
John Dexter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my contacts the only ATPers to get anywhere are the CTC own Wings Take-Off pilots although Viper has some info on a few others getting in.

I'm interested in the comment about high demand from CTC though.

easyJet (/eJ swiss) - One more TR course to be filled from what I've been told, what is that 16?? Plus they are taking on the MPL's left by Monarch.
BA - done (apart from FPP's), they are now after experienced folks, plus they can't take ATP's.
Monarch - we all know the answer here (see above)
Thomas Cook - Unlikely after their recent troubles
Jet2 - my understanding is they take from Oxford more recently
Jetstar - Singapore residency required
Thomson - unlikely as they try to recruit from within and have a very long list.
DHL - these folks hire themselves into Leipzig through EAT
CityJet - unlikely after their recent troubles and when was anyone from CTC taken and especially ATP?
Royal Brunei - Brunei residency required
flybe - something going on now but for how many 10...20 tops.
Qatar - MPL and Wings Integrated only
Dragonair - no idea but must hold a "Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card"...plus when was the last person from CTC taken let alone ATP.
BA CityFlyer - Not aware of any ATP's going there in the past (but may have) and how many folks would they take anyway for such a small airline, 5-10?

Doesn't look like high demand to me...and certainly very easily covered by their normal Wings folks at 15-25 a month.

Unfortunately the future is exceptionally poor for the current flock of ATPers. It is only a few months before they are flushed to make way for the new bright eyed and bushy tailed ATP wannabes for which there will be no shortage...unfortunately they will never learn.

CTC have lined their pockets with something in the region of £700,000+ from the 80 or so ATP's swimming in the pool however according to them it is only fair that new folks get a chance! Perhaps it is "only fair" that the managers hand back their bonuses....?

Let's see when the current bunch get flushed whether they change their website which apart from doesn't mention there is a time limit on the hold pool but also still states "since 1994 when the original 'ATP Scheme' started, all those who reached the ATP Database pool of short listed pilots were placed with an airline".