PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2014, 12:11
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Psychologist's you mean? I just don't like the business, the product, the arrogance, the left wing BA mantra, many of the people they've surprisingly taken or the lemming-like way these p2F types blindly dream of a BA career based upon cliched perception. I also resent a company like BA being our flag carrier. That compounded by the fact I DO like many turned away, have seen many who were turned away go on to become excellent captains and TREs and comments like your 'you must be great' following on from you're assumption that I didn't get in. You're basing your cack on the regulated past. From George Patton:
You've aired your opinion based on what you freely admit is an 'outside' view. Who ever said that those turned away aren't any good? Perhaps they just didn't perform as they wanted/expected to. Perhaps the competition on the day was of a very high standard. Perhaps they just didn't achieve the scores they needed. Who knows. In my experience people who fail an interview don't generally want to discuss it on an open forum.

I have many friends and colleagues flying for other companies who didn't pass the BA selection. That doesn't make them 'second grade' and I would challenge anyone who claimed such. It also doesn't mean they are any worse people for not passing a selection process. They are all top level aviators and people who just didn't meet the requirements of the process on that specific day. Most freely admit to making a cock-up (hmm it's edited my word due to the profanity filter!) of something along the way. That's life.

What is your 'cliched' perception? The fact that people want to work for a company is testament to the fact that the company can still attract people. If they want to work for BA then they can find out about the company easily enough warts and all and make their decision based on their perceptions not the perceptions of someone like yourself. As much as you believe your position. BA is an excellent employer with huge opportunities a fantastic route structure and many different aircraft types to train on. The company look after you exceptionally well when down route. There are challenges but that can be said for every company in the industry and chatting to Air France, Lufthansa, Al Italia and various US company pilots down route we are all facing the same challenges.

As far as being the flag carrier, tough, nobody cares if you don't like it. You are a tiny cog in a big machine industry and your opinion on matters like who is and isn't the 'Flag Carrier' are irrelevant in the big scheme of things. Just like mine.

In respect to the 'left wing mantra' where did you drag that old cliche up from? I haven't seen anything like that since the Cabin Crew strike from BASSA and look what happened to them. Ironically it was the entire company working together that defeated the left wing mantra that was Duncan Holley and his braying mob. Perhaps your views are a little outdated?

Enjoy the Orange, I know many of my friends do.