PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOI into the 2012 Tornado Collision over the Moray Firth
Old 29th Oct 2014, 11:51
gasax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you both for the explanation and background. My risk management is around what people like to call 'high integrity' organisations - which is often something of an oxymoron!

Self regulation can and does work - but the organisation has to have some decent values and ethics, and sanctions. In the MOD the only sanction appears to have been promotion! Haddon Cave did at least ruffle some feathers but...

Most of my work is with the HSE - HID and peripherally the CAA. neither organisation can bee said to be a shining light. The HSE do have some good people, CAA oversight has been casual at best.

There is no magic bullet but I read there are further delays in equipment fit to address this issue - politically I suspect they hope the Tornado will be out of service before the kit has to be fitted.

Perhaps it is naïve to expect the military to have much of a conscience and so at least an 'arms length' regulator would be better.