PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is the prop?
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2014, 04:27
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a bit of a political dimension to the story, I am not sure how the broken aircraft has been handled, as i understand it, it has just been towed to an on-field repair station, however I assume when the insurance gets involved there will also be some type of governmental agency report. In the meantime there is a lot of controversy surrounding the continued use of the facility as an airfield and a ballot measure scheduled for vote soon to determine the fields future that is generating huge amounts of press locally.

It probably would not help matters if some neighbor staggers out their garden with a Sensenich sticking out of his head. The best they can hope for is it is never found, or at least not till the ballot is over and perhaps during the forthcoming rainy season a roof inspection on one of the neighboring houses will reveal a prop impaled on the roof as the leak source.

As far are maintenance goes, the current owner is a friend of mine of 20 years and used to leaseback my aircraft, he is a totally no expense spared guy when it comes to maintenance, and the shop who does the maintenance is very highly regarded, the previous owner of the plane (a big shot movie star with plenty money to spend on maintenance) had the plane for quite some time and used the same repair shop as the current owner so I wouldn't think that is the issue. The owner thinks the cause is probably a manufacturing defect.

Will keep you updated.