PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to land a job as pilot in BizJet?
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2014, 23:32
Tray Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work aft of the flight deck and was, and to a degree still am, in the same situation.

Of course, you have more things to take into consideration such as type rating, hours, experience and training etc. But, I have found that the biggest thing by far is networking. I know it sounds a bit daft… But, it has worked absolute wonders for me. I went to EBACE in Geneva in May of this year, met an absolute ton of people, have now done a few freelance trips, worked on a couple of different aircraft and have some more long term things starting to hover on the horizons…

I have invested time, money and embarrassment into getting the small step closer to a full change from commercial to corporate aviation, and although it has been a long-ish road for me, it is starting to pay off. I am not the best at selling myself not being overly forward with people, however, I HAD to step out of my comfort zone and push myself to speak to people and knock on doors and the likes.

As I say, I know I am a different kettle of fish, but network your backside off.