PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Putin threatens NATO & EU ?
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2014, 21:30
Typhoon93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Typhoon93, after the disasters of Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and very nearly Syria (still time yet) it became apparent to me (someone who you could describe as your typical pro western average citizen) that western foreign policy is nothing but a total disaster. Basically the world needs someone who can push back enough to ensure western leaders don't always get their own way, someone who can stand against them. Right now the most effective individual at doing that is President Putin. Nations like China and India as well as various South American nations can also take up this role.
The west was supposed to be engaged in a war on terror but actually its actions have greatly helped terrorists and actually removed various secular dictators who were enemies of the terrorists. In many situations Washington, various Middle Eastern allies and European governments are actually supporting the terrorists ie Libya and Syria. The western attack on Libya, removal of Gaddafi and resulting disintegration of Libya as a nation state was the thing that made me realise western governments were essentially the bad guys. Up until then I naïve enough to think that Iraq was a kind of honest mistake that no one would repeat! But then after Libya they wanted to remove Assad and follow the same game plan in Syria. Compared to western leaders Putin is a genius.
You mentioned the Nazis, well who is engaged in the most warfare around the world, the clue is it isn't Russia!
In what way was Afghanistan a total disaster?

Do you disagree with going in? Or do you disagree with the way in which NATO forces went in?