PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew to Cockpit Crew
Old 28th Oct 2014, 21:22
dukes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew to Cockpit Crew

Hi all,

Currently CX Cabin Crew and really want to pursue a childhood dream of becoming a pilot. I'm outport based and have no HKG ID, flying hours/experience. What I do have is a degree and a passion, which apparently, are the minimum requirements for CX.

First Question: Anyone know the Pilot Centre at Denham in London... I want to get a few lessons under my belt: anyone used this place, recommend any instructors etc?

Secondly: I'm looking to apply in February 2015, how long do you have to wait before your get a response (either acceptance to interview or rejection). Any tips on interview skills and what they ask are welcomed!

Third: Training in Adelaide is roughly 54 weeks and I know the allowance is circa £60/AUS$109 per week as the accommodation and food are all provided, so I've been told (can someone clarify this). I've got savings that I can dig into and thinking of having a budget of £200/AUS$400 per week on top of the £60; that enough?

Finally: Should I be successful for interview, I'd like to prepare myself and would be grateful if anyone could recommend any journals/forums/books that I can catch up on to put me in good standing with CX...

Sorry for the long boring thread and well done for getting up to this part...