PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can a flight-training flight be free ?
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2014, 17:08
Aigledor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can a flight-training flight be free ?

Hi,

This is my first post on this website so I apologize if this has already been talked about or if I'm in the wrong section. I did look over the topics though, and seems like it hasn't.

I'm a student-pilot in Dallas, and I had my check ride for the commercial last Saturday but we didn't go through with it because I had one cross country flight that might have been wrongly done.
It's a dual 2h flight with at least 100nm from the originating point of departure.
What we did with my instructor was that we flew two legs, and only the second leg was more than 100, the first one was 94nm.
So the examiner refused to go on with the check ride and said he would ask the FAA.
Now my question is this :

If it turns out that I need to go back up there and re-do my xc flight, am I allowed to ask the school to pay for the flight ? or to reimburse me for the past flight ? Or would this be considered a commercial operation ? Maybe then the pro-rated charge ?

Also if someone knows about this requirement specifically I would be very grateful to be enlightened.
Does it have to be the first leg that is 100nm or can any leg be ?