PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 28th Oct 2014, 15:34
gopher01

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
CB in the States

I believe that there were reports in the States at different times of CB sets getting fried because of overload from someone transmitting with far more power than the regs allowed, I wonder who that could have been!
Going back to some earlier threads smudge commented on our SAGE, not realising that he was at one time just a common or garden AGE, I was at Thorney with E...... B..... , he a SAC Lecky, me a J/T Sooty in 68 when Albert arrived and I marshalled the first one onto the Farms dispersal, ( my first aircraft to marshall after training, no pressure ) and we then next met as we joined the G,E's course at Lyneham in 77 and travelled the world together, including Rhodesia where we shared a room in the Kentucky hotel, my crew being Neil Stewart, a Co who was our first casualty of the Det by diving into the pool at the NEW Years do at the residence of the boss of the Rhodesian Air Force and doing an ear drum in and went by the initials of C F and had something to do with SF over the years, Nav was Paddy Long, Eng was Jim Chick and the loady was no less than that ultimate loady , say his name with pride, Pete Tyass.
And talking of bullet holes in Hercs we got one at Sarajevo while flying in from Zagreb on the UNHCR part of the do and can anybody remember who was the crew on the aircraft that had a round in an outboard tank on the way into Gatow many years ago, I knew the Eng and I think it was P... K...... on 30?