PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2014, 12:17
litefoot1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litefoot1, while I respect your view that it is a 'nice airport', my experience was marred by my first impression. Grim, old, forgotten. It struck me as being so starved of investment and one that was totally unsustainable.
I meant in terms of the experience rather than the visuals. I had some great customer experience at the Welcome Desk. I collect old fashioned boarding cards from each UK airport I fly from, but it's a problem at Ryanair-only airports as you have to print your boarding pass at home and they charge a fee at the airport if you come without. I contacted Prestwick airport and asked them about it. On arrival I was surprised to be given the Ryanair boarding pass for free, plus two old fashioned boarding cards that they'd dug out of storage (with my flight details printed on) and a load of Prestwick freebies. That was pretty darn nice of them.

Also, when I've travelled from small regional UK airports, they've usually got a small WHSmiths in a corner and one tiny cafe landside or airside. So it was great to find all those eateries and shops both landside and airside at Prestwick (even if they may not be around much longer!).

Then there was the spectator's gallery, getting through security very quickly and the flight being on time. Lots of good stuff even if the building could do with a makeover.

Today is a quiet day at Prestwick... last departure 1:10pm. Presumably they'd shut the shops and cafes for the rest of the day.