PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Classic British Aircraft on Quest today
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2014, 11:32
Mechta

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I managed to watch a few of the episodes before domestic duties called me away. I thoroughly enjoyed them, and particularly liked the lack of hyperbole which tends to dumb down a lot of modern programmes about aircraft. Seeing the 'old boys' refurbishing their Meteor was refreshing too, "Its our aircraft now".

Mechta Senior was a bit miffed that the Beverley programme didn't spend longer on General Aircraft's contribution to it. In his opinion, possibly slightly biased as an ex-General Aircraft apprentice, the finished Beverley design was handed to Blackburn on a plate after General Aircraft had done all the hard work.

From what other contributors have said, this was actually a fairly old series. One can only hope that it was considered a success by the producers and some more will be made.

Does anyone know if the Empire Test Pilots School still borrow the Twin Pioneer on occasions? I saw what appeared to be the BBMF Dakota flying circuits at Boscombe Down, when passing there last Monday, and know that the ETPS do arrange some weird and wonderful aircraft to give their course students a bit of variety.