PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2014, 11:28
ScotsSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In answer to WWombat I am led to believe that not all the Scottish Government money is being spent on the terminal and is being used to maintain and invest in the whole airfield. Given the increased use recently by the military with regular RAF, Canadian and US Forces stopovers and diversions it is probably being considered effective use of money by the Westminster Government. I will though be interested to see how the terminal is maintained and staffed over the winter months. It was done effectively in the early days of the Matthew Hudson era when there were only a couple of DUB return flights a day so I am sure with the same staff 'multi tasking' as was evident then the winter can be survived.

However the question remains as to whether PAX operations will survive in 2015. If I remember right one poster (who claims to be in the know) has already hinted that it's a done deal that FR will move its 2015 Summer programme to GLA despite a fairly extensive promotional campaign by PIK to promote the FR Summer 2015 programme. Anyway just heading to GLA to fly to BFS so it will be intersting to see what impact the FR move has made terminal wise there.