PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane crash Sunshine Coast 3 lost ?
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2014, 10:43
kaz3g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Kaz, but will the person plead out on mental grounds, ruined life, upset stomach etc....
Hi Michael...I guess my point was that we who don't sit and listen to al the evidence, including evidence of mental health and similar issues, aren't in a position to be able to make a judgment call.

I know I have clients who have had horrific life experiences from childhood...sexual and physical abuse, privation, psychological torture, severe psychotic episodes and more...Their ability to make rational decisions regarding their behaviour and consequently their culpability is diminished.

I don't know anything about this guy but experience says that something is likely to be seriously wrong in his head. A psych ward may be more appropriate than a cell but I don't know. That's what magistrates and judges are for.

I am just so appreciative of ATC and the controller in particular and hope that he suffers no ill effects from this dangerous and stupid prank.
Me too, Michael and I agree with almost all of what you say here. It is a criminally stupid thing to do and I have confidence that the perpetrator will be dealt with appropriately.

Kaz