PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue hiring
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2014, 06:26
HappyBandit

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Going nowhere and tiger moth:

I think you are both missing the point to be honest. It is pretty much a given that VARA will have date of joining integration, just a matter of from what date. As I said, for me personally…and I will capitalise this FOR ME PERSONALLY, career progression is important to us all and I don't wish to PERSONALLY sit in the back seat folding maps for x number of years. I know of guys that have been there 6 years now still sitting there for one reason or another. Hypothetically if massive expansion occurs and it reduces to 3 years as a cruiser and I am successful in a bid across to domestic. Sit there for 7-10 years as an FO, then maybe just maybe if Virgin are still around, gain a command. It is like shares, I am entering a stage in my life where I wish for more conservative bluechip shares instead of starting at the bottom and working my way up again. As for younger guys with more than 15-20 years of flying still left in them I would probably jump at the chance.

As for the question of why would I turn down a job. Simple….because I was offered a domestic gig first up. This has changed and I don't lay blame on anything or anyone just as it rolls. Call me crazy for turning it down…personally I don't give a flying fig! Everyone's motives are different!