PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK roster
Thread: EK roster
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2014, 05:37
ekwhistleblower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm happy, got a good passport and been with the company since the last century. I have seen a downward spiral but have kept my head above water so far but only because I bought property early and lucked in. Sell by date rapidly approaching as kids have left but have no where to go that can offer the same lifestyle in the short term because I would go to the bottom of a proper seniority list and I won't go to China!

Would I join now? No! For one reason only. I cannot see with the present conditions how I could get to where I am now in a realistic timescale. The EK salary has diminished in real terms massively since I joined and the time to command means the relief of a Captain's salary will come too late.

My advice would be to make a comparison sheet of where you will be 10/15 years down the line. Include pay, where you will want to live, what you want to fly etc. and see whether EK ticks the boxes. At the outset for me it did, right now it wouldn't but if the T&Cs changed positively it might.