PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ppl license type
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2014, 21:15
stranger12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks all for your advice.

I am not greatly concerned about cost as can afford it and I intially wanted to be commerial pilot but looking around and seeing how difficult it can be , I am not sure if I am prepared to take that route.

I have a well paid job and have a family so it is a bit to late to start paying £30K for commercial license after which I can not secure any job with 200 hours.

so still want to get there but have slowed down on the idea.

now mainly want to fly for pleasure and cheapest way for me is the idea.

I like to try micro, flex wing , normal light weight ones and in future get multiple engine rating but at this beginning stage want to do only light weight plane such as c152 or c172.

so after seeing this post , I think I will do my ppl rather than nppl but the questions I have in mind is as follow:

1.Do I need to fly regulary after getting my license to keep my skills ?

2.Can I fly micro, flex wing with ppl? I see notes on their website talking about convertion, I don't want to convert my ppl to fly flex wing or micro , I rather want to add on to it.

3.what do you consider the most difficult aspect in ppl? to me I think I have passed all the difficult bits after circuit but I may be very wrong hence why asking

many thanks