PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2014, 18:57
EKCH2730

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On wednesday 30/10 at 9:00, press release at CPH airport
I suppose you mean press conference and not press release

Leading the press conference at the Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel (next to CPH airport) will be Ryanair CCO David O'Brian and not CEO Michael O'Leary.

No agenda has been presented for the press conference so a lot of speculation is going on here in Copenhagen. That it will just be the normal Ryanair blah blah - we really want to fly from CPH but the prices must down etc etc etc... - to the announcement af a new base at CPH. Between that we find the speculation that they will move the operations at Malmö MMX to CPH and only serve a few destinations from CPH as a starting point.

We will all know more wednesday morning but i will be surpriced if they annouces a new base at CPH. The challenge for Ryanair at CPH will be the unions which organize all ground handling staff at CPH. They sees ryanair as their biggest enemy because they do not have organized staff onboard.

Unfortunately the unions are very very strong at CPH and they have previously announced that they will do everything to keep ryanair out of CPH including physical blockades. I remember when a Ryanair aircraft diverted into CPH a couple of years ago - i believe is was on the ground for about 12 hours as none of the ground handling staff at CPH would touch the aircraft.