PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Appeal for information: Hawker Siddeley Trident _technical_manuals_ and descriptions
Old 27th Oct 2014, 15:14
skippiebg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Appeal for information: Hawker Siddeley Trident _technical_manuals_ and descriptions

I am seeking to buy detailed technical descriptions and manuals of all marks of the HS 121 Trident. Not aircrew ones, but rather _structural_repair ones and/or _illustrated_parts_catalogues and/or similar. I would most appreciate offers of such literature (please send private messages).

I am making and donating a set of drawings of the Trident to Save the Trident, for them to use inside G-ARPO once completed, in printed matter, calendars, monographs, to sell to magazines and websites, etc.

So far, I have drawn the Trident 1C...

Drawing an airliner is a difficult task: information is often unavailable and where it is, it can be ambiguous or conflicting. I have referred to lots of old photos I took of HS 121 1C G-ARPH before she was broken up at Cosford, plus photos from Save the Trident, plus literally thousands of online photos. There are a couple of sets of "walkaround" style photos of Tridents online, but sadly they are rather cursory and cover the subject rather unevenly. I have also purchased four crew manuals covering the 1C and 1E; they are sadly of very little use for the job in hand. I also have three sets of wonderful Aircraft Engineering magazine articles on the HS 121 1E, 2E and 3B (and am about to get a set covering the 1C).

I know there are several viewable airframes in the UK (a 'clipped-wing' HS 121 3B at Manchester [plus one at the Science Museum Wroughton closed facility] and a HS 121 2E at Cosford), plus at least one HS 121 1E and a good few 2Es in China, but I am in Bulgaria...

---

Just to add: the original APU location, the RAT housing, the pylons' tops, and the engines' tops mystify me most. Wing tops are a constant source of worry (as are wing bottoms, really...). Trident 1E wing skinning is a particular mystery (and no, I am not about to go to China just for the pleasure of photographing Mao's HS 121 1E at the Datanshang museum, however tempting the thought might be...)

Many thanks in advance for all replies!

Last edited by skippiebg; 27th Oct 2014 at 15:29.