PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caught Short
Thread: Caught Short
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2014, 11:49
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
My Favourite story from a friend in the NT. Their 206 had done a Charter flight out of Arnhemland and after the flight they'd done the usual, closed up the Aircraft and all gone home, Aircraft wasn't used again for 2 days. So there it had sat in the Top End heat for 2 whole days before my rather unlucky friend came to get the Aircraft ready for a flight.

This friend swears to go that they opened the Cargo door at the back and a smell that will outlast religion reached forth and b*tch slapped them straight in the face!! Turns out one of their passengers had somehow sneakily taken a dump in the back that had gone unnoticed until that point.

Only way to get rid of it was to stand about 2m outside the door with a hose on full blast trying to hose it out and was left open for a full day to let it air out.

Myself the other day, 1hour 15min flight back to base with passengers on board, land back at base and cue raucous laughter from the passengers, I look back to find out what's so funny and there is one of the boys at the back of the C206 holding what used to be our plastic container for holding oil bottles which had been converted into a make shift urinary. Apparently he had only got 5minutes into the flight before realising he needed to take a whizz, using some ingenuity he found the container in the back and managed to use it without spilling a single drop, not a bad effort considering the a bit of turbulence, size of the container used and the amount of urine!!