PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planned Media Release re CASA Misinformation
Old 27th Oct 2014, 08:05
Eyrie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure Brisbane Center and the IFR guys it talks to would just love to hear from those of us operating from the private strips south of and around Toowoomba. Within 15nm there are at least 8 I know of. Make that 9 (one Sunday afternoon Mrs Eyrie and I went out to do some practice forced landings and on the go round from the first she remarked that it looked like a really good paddock as it came complete with hangar and windsock) plus the new Wagner's Folly (aka Brisbane West Wellcamp) airport - a really dumb name as someone may get the idea it has something to do with Brisbane and I'm sure there are others.
We all do the sensible thing and operate on Toowoomba CTAF especially as the Toowoomba training area encompasses all these private strips, none of which are on the charts.

Yes, please. Bring back the NAS of 10 years ago and implement all of it. Pity some idiots couldn't get over not having frequency boundaries on the charts.

Could we just outsource air traffic management to the FAA? I'm sure it would be an improvement.

Come to think of it we could get the FAA to replace CASA. They could call it the far south west Hawaiian office.