PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Classic British Aircraft on Quest today
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2014, 07:58
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My main interest in watching was the VC10 and I too was disappointed to see the focus on its military career, important and significant as that was, and so little on its impressive performance as a civilian aircraft, even if it was not huge commercial success.

As for the 'music' which blights so many films and documentaries, it really is one of the horrors of our times. Not just inappropriate but overloud and overwhelming, and particularly irritating is the way it 'surges' at times, and I have often wondered if there is some way of using the graphic equaliser to reduce its effect.

Background music is a scourge of our times, in shops and restaurants. I have no shame about asking for it to be turned down, usually with success as the staff often don't like it either. Once I was in a bookshop and the staff member said head office insisted they had it on so loud. I rang their head office customer relations from the shop, and started speaking very softly ...... the woman said : "I can't hear you properly ......". I explained why, where I was calling from, and was asked to hand the phone back to the staff member who was instructed to turn the racket down - permanently.