PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planned Media Release re CASA Misinformation
Old 27th Oct 2014, 07:45
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I know what you meant by this:
Multicom 126.7 for all low level ops at those sites with a designated frequency other than 126.7
I’m guessing you meant: “Multicom 126.7 for all low level ops at those sites without a designated frequency other than 126.7.”

Could you provide some more detail around what you mean by ‘low level’. For example, what about a VFR cruising at e.g. 6,500’.

It’s all well and good to advocate going back to what was introduced with NAS over a decade ago, and it’s all well and good for some to pretend that the broadcast rules are a ‘recent change’. But that ignores what actually happened after NAS was introduced over a decade ago...

The area frequency boundaries were in fact removed from the Australian charts, when NAS was introduced.

But then what happened? ‘Dick’s Biscuits’ suddenly appeared. You remember why they were put on the charts, Dick.

And then Dick’s Biscuits were removed and the area frequency boundaries were reinstated to the charts.

In short, the frequency monitoring and broadcast rules went in a big orbit back to where they started.

And for the record, I didn't then and don’t now care a tinker’s cuss what the rules are, provided there is just one set that everyone understands and does their best to comply with (even if some individuals don’t agree with some of the rules in principle).