PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2014, 05:58
Soteria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staibilizers deployed!

Lookleft,

So do you think Sarcs that she has been coached on how to respond to the questions?
Yes. That is all part of the game. She may not have known the exact wording of each question, but she would have mostly known what was coming. And for anything 'surprising' or out of left field she well knows that 'I will take that on notice' or 'I don't recall' is the get out of jail free card.

I thought that Sterle was going to throw something at her and her lack of understanding about the role of the PWC suggests that she has not been put in that job for outstanding administrative abilities.
She was hired because she knows how to play the political bureaucratic game. Her career history is testament to that. However, those roles are always a poison chalice and usually only last a few years. Most people take these positions toward the end of their career, earn big dollars for 3 to 5 years then retire on that nice taxpayer funded superannuation nest egg. (And maybe dabble in some consulting or lobbying)

Another fall person for Mrdak I think.
You think correct. She is expendable, and she knows it. These people are and will always be the fallguy (in Staibs case, fallgirl) for the Minister. But nothing will happen, after all, Russell signed off on a $900 million contract and when the kitchen got too hot he resigned and went to work for that very contractor